Sunday, May 27, 2012

My younger years


My name is Tina I was born in Colville, Washington on the reservation on 9/12/69.
I was raised by my step dad w/my half brother. My mother left when I was 2 1/2 she was a teen mother w/a drug and alcohol problem.I have never met my biological father,and up til a recently my mom had never even discussed him with me. She decided since my step  dad had taken his life that it was time to tell me a name. I don't know if he even knows about me.His name isn't even on my birth certificate.
My mother had left my brother,and I with a friend of her's, and then we ended up in foster care. My mother's friend contacted my step father,he and his new wife,and my aunt came,and got us out of foster care. From there we were taken to our new home which was a 3 bedroom mobile home. My step mom had 2 older children of her own, they were teen agers a boy and a girl.Our step mom was only nice to me in front of our dad,but wasn't so nice to me behind our dad's (my dad was alcoholic) back,she called me a mother hen and other names because I was very protective over my brother because of being in foster care. She would give me dirty looks when dad was around and ect....Things only got worse with my step mom as I got older she seemed to nitpick at every thing. When I was about 4 my step brother started molesting me this went on til I was about 10,and it stopped because my dad,and step mom divorced.I felt so horrible about myself and dirty. Going to elementary school I didn't feel like I fit in, people called me names,and I didn't have many friends.So I figured that it must be true,and so I really felt horrible about myself, and grew to hate myself.I mean hey my mom didn't even want me as a baby so I must be a horrible person is how I was thinking.

1 comment:

  1. ♥♥♥♥ thanks for sharing you have come along way from that girl who was so lost and misdirected! I am so proud of you♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete