Monday, May 28, 2012

When I say I am a Christian

"When I say "I'm a Christian", I'm not shouting, "I am saved," I am whispering, "I was lost!" That is why I chose His way. When I say "I'm a Christian", I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble, needing God to be my guide. When I say "I'm a Christian", I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing I am weak and pray for strength to carry on. When I say, "I'm a Christian", I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting I have failed and cannot ever pay the debt. When I say, "I'm a Christian", I don't think I know it all. I submit to my confusion asking humbly to be taught. When I say "I'm a Christian", I'm not claiming to be perfect. My flaws are too visible, but God believes I'm worth it! When I say I'm a Christian, I still feel the sting of pain. I have my share of heartaches, which is why I seek His name. When I say, "I'm a Christian", I do not wish to judge. I have no authority, I only know that I am loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment