Friday, July 27, 2012

Letting Go


Letting Go

Stop trying so hard to control things. It is not our job to control people, outcomes, circumstances, and life. Maybe in the past we couldn't trust and let things happen. But we can now. The way life is unfolding is good. Let it unfold.

Stop trying so hard to do better, be better, and be more. Who we are and the way we do things is good enough for today.

Who we were and the way we did things yesterday was good enough for that day.

Ease up on ourselves. Let go. Stop trying so hard.

Today, I will let go. I will stop trying to control everything. I will stop trying to make myself be and do better, and I will let myself be. 
This is a tall order for today as it was for yesterday as well. I'm not liking to much what I'm having to let go. I feel like I am still in shock over it all. Yes I want to put my hands in there and try control it,but that just will make things a lot worse. and wont fix things.I know that once it really sinks it's gonna hit me harder than it has. 
I also need to remember this isn't about me even though it sure feels personal. 
All I know is that I still can't believe that this is happening,and I am saddened by this. I keep wishing this was a bad dream :( ,but it's not, and I need to accept it,and move through the process. .
It says above that how life is unfolding is good so let it unfold, I don't see the good in this now,just as I never have during sad times or difficult times. This situation is gonna be what it's gonna be regardless of how I decide to go through it. I am powerless over others, all I can do is control how I deal with this. Right now I'm still in shock, and having a rough time accepting what is going on. I need to really spend more time with God.
He Can
I can't
So I will let Him.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment