Sunday, July 29, 2012

Past the Past


"Failed recovery is responding to present-day situations with yesterday's emotional package-which you used back when the situation was totally different. Serenity or living in a state of recovery is all about letting yesterday be yesterday and today be today. Recovery is training ourselves by practicing daily disciplines to act in the present as the present and not from the emotional stance of a thousand past yesterdays."
~Earnie Larsen

Today's Affirmation
I am past the past—my time is now!

Today's Meditation
Dear God,

I do not understand why I hang onto certain events and feelings from the past.
Intellectually I accept and understand that the past is over.
I honor my story and recognize the part that all of my yesterdays played in bringing me to now.
I release and surrender past hurts, loves, jobs, wrongs, mis-creations, missed opportunities, experiences, joys, and sorrows.
I forgive myself and all other persons knowing that we did the best we knew how.
Those times are over; the past is past.
I choose to be fully awake and alive in this moment.
With Your guidance, I open myself to the gift of the present.
Thank You, God.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment