Sunday, July 22, 2012

Seek Spiritual Discernment


Proverbs 2
At one time or another, we have all felt confused, uncertain, or misled. We can live victoriously and confidently only by possessing spiritual discernment-- ability to see life from God's perspective. We need His help to distinguish between right and wrong, good and best, truth and error.
Each day we make many decisions--some trivial and others critical. The Lord doesn't want us to form judgments based on mere appearance or limited human reasoning. But with the world so full of deceptive information, how would we, on our own, know what to believe? God desires that we see the reality of each situation as He does. We can fully trust the Lord with our relationships as well. Since He knows every person's heart, the only way we can wisely interact with others is to be sensitive to the leading of the Spirit within us.
Although God gives each of His children the capacity for spiritual discernment, many Christians are unaware of it. They stumble through life doing the best they can but fail to use this wonderful provision. Others don't think they need it. They make choices according to their own knowledge and reasoning, never giving the Lord a second thought. Unless we cooperate with God in the development of His wonderful gift of discernment, it will lie dormant within us.
A discerning spirit begins with a humble, teachable attitude. If you've been handling decisions, situations, and relationships through your own wisdom, confess this to God. Then ask for His perspective and search His Word for direction. Your wisdom will grow, and discernment will protect you.

 I love the connection that I get when our pastor at church is giving a sermon I always feel the spiritual movement . I find strength in numbers when we gather at church.I belong to a large church about 200 members.
I have always had a pretty strong discernment,but I haven't always followed it because I didn't want it to be true.That kept me in unhealthy relationship and kept me in my addiction. 
.I'm going through something right now that has happened in the past,and I'm believing that the same thing is happening again,as much as I pray that it's not, I don't know much of another  explanation there can be sighs...... I'm leaning on God to the best of my ability.

4 comments:

  1. TY Miss Donna, I was happily wrong about what I was feeling,but was rightfully concerned as I said this type situation came up in the past,and it turned out to be pretty painful for me.I talked about it,and asked if this could be avoided in the future, and asked some direct questions,and feel much better with all that I now know...life is good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was off track with my feeling thank God. I asked direct questions concerning the situation in case this arises again I wont go thinking the same thing is happening all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well here I am a few days later,comes to find out that I was off track with the person,but there was and is a situation. It is very hurtful to me. I feel like I am in shock over this situation.

    ReplyDelete